· Creates new ideas and processes, and encourages others to try new approaches and take risks.
· Seeks and leverages differences in thought, perspective, and experience when developing approaches to issues and solving problems.
· Takes action to enhance performance based on experiences and feedback.
· Demonstrates principled leadership; shows consistency among principles, values and behaviors.
· Encourages and supports information sharing and collaboration with clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific discipline with extensive, experienced-based scientific and technical knowledge
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience which has resulted in demonstrated scientific and technical contributions to API or major intermediate development projects in the areas of synthesis design and execution, process development, pilot plant demonstration
· Ability to define and organize intermediate research and development
· Understanding of the drug development paradigm from early development through manufacturing. Knowledge of the needs and requirements of partners
· Demonstrated ability to work with, lead/manage and develop scientific staff in a matrix environment. Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including preparing timelines, estimating and negotiating resource needs, providing timely and appropriate levels of information to management, and adjusting expectations based on changing priorities and goals
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and persuade others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.